- Tech for Finance
- Create your own AI bot, my battle with AI anxiety & alternatives to ChatGPT
Create your own AI bot, my battle with AI anxiety & alternatives to ChatGPT
1-2-3 Newsletter - Read Time - 4 Mins
Hello, and welcome to a another edition of the Tech for Finance 1-2-3 Newsletter where we have:
1. Tutorial - Create your own AI bot
2. Expert resources - On my battle with AI anxiety, and whether ChatGPT is getting dumber
3. Tech tools - An alternative to ChatGPT, visual reading summaries and personalised AI web search
1/ Create your own AI bot
Step 1 - Head over to MindOS and create an account. You can also play with some of their pre-configured bots too.
Step 2 - Follow the wizard to create a bot from scratch
Step 3 - Train the bot
in the knowledge section, you’ll see the ability to train with a website URL, or from uploaded documents.
Step 4 - Crawl website data
In this example I’ve used some ACCA resources. Make sure you include sub-pages.
Step 5 - Chat to your bot
I used a very basic question to direct query the ACCA data, but you can see how powerful a web-enabled bot trained on specific web-pages and documents could be.
2/ Expert Resource
1. There’s been a lot of posts about ChatGPT getting dumber recently. They’ve been testing the model by asking it about prime numbers.
Whilst it’s true that they may be a temporary shift in ChatGPTs abilities as they improve the accuracy of the model, maths questions have never been a good test mechanism as ChatGPT is a large language model, not a large number model.
You can find Rob Lennon’s hot take here.
2. This week, somebody else interviewed ME! I was lucky enough to guest on the ‘Beanies in a Pod’ podcast.
In it, we cover my AI anxiety as well as:
Challenges and Considerations for AI Chatbots
AI's Impact and Presentation Limitations
The Future of AI Engagement
AI in Communication
Human vs AI quiz
3/ Tech Tools
1. LlaMA2 Chatbot - Chat to Meta’s open source alternative to ChatGPT - learn more here.
2. StoryWiz - AI reading assistant that’ll summarise with visual stories - learn more here.
3. You - Personalised and private AI web search - learn more here.
IMPORTANT - Always read the data policy for any tools you try. If you’re ever unsure. Make sure your data, and any customer or supplier data is anonymised.
NOTE - I am not affiliated with any of the tools in this e-mail.
So that’s it for this week.
Until Next Time
👨💻Connect with me on LinkedIn
🎧Subscribe to the Podcast
📺Watch on YouTube