- Tech for Finance
- Supercharge your (re)search, become and ops strategist, and chat with your PowerPoint slides
Supercharge your (re)search, become and ops strategist, and chat with your PowerPoint slides
1-2-3 Newsletter - Read Time - 4 Mins
Hello, and welcome to a another edition of the Tech for Finance 1-2-3 Newsletter where we have:
1. Tutorial - How to supercharge your search / re-search with Perplexity.
2. Expert resources - On moving beyond the books, unlocking operational intelligence & the death of prompt engineers.
3. Tech tools - On intelligent RPA, chatting with PowerPoint, and pitching ideas.
1/ How to supercharge your (re)search using Perplexity
Step 1 - Head over to Perplexity and create and account.
You can use it for free, but you miss out on some of the goodies.
Step 2 - Create your AI profile
You'll get an initial box for high level details about you.
Tit'll ask for more detail
And theybe a little bit more
You choose to skip any question, and provide as much or as little data as you feel comfortable with
Step 3 - Choose your focus
'All' is the default search, but you can refine your focus.
Use cases for focus might be Wolfram Alpha for complex computations, Academic for benchmarking, Reddit to search peer communities etc.
Step 4 - Give your inctions
In this example I chose academic articles so see whether I could find stuff that could help with a benchmarking exercise.
Step 5 - Re yresults
Perhaps academic articles was the wrong 'focus' for this type of search, but it produced some interesting resources.
Step 6 - Have a giggle
On the AI profilee there's a prompt under 'Get started' called write a story about me.
I found it quite entertaining.
GREAT search tool.
Think there'ill a way to go in terms of personalised results.
But the 'focus' feature is fabulous, and it now my go-to tool for 60-70% of my searches (plant based recipes or otherwise)
Give it a go and let me know how you get on!
2/ Expert Resources
1. This week we released my podcast with Julio Martinez Co-Founder and CEO at Abacum.
In our discussion we cover:
- The expanding role of the finance pro
- Building a strategic finance team
- AI in financial analysis and data
- The importance of automation
- Multi-dimensional modeling
- Group dynamics
And much much more.
Check out the full podcast "Beyond the Books: Unlocking Operational Intelligence for Strategic Finance" on audio here. And on video here.
2. My friend Glenn Hopper was feature in an article by CFOBrew 'So long, prompt engineers', On an AI skill that's already becoming old news. You can find the article here.
My thoughts on the article:
"The UI of the future should negative the need for prompts, as it'll understand the context.
It'll become more and more like speaking to a person that knows you and your situation.
Perplexity AI is a great example of this. When you create an account, you can update your profile with information about you and your interests. So when you search it will return more and more relevant results."
[NOTE] That comment is what gave me the inspiration for thie newsletter!
3/ Tech Tools
1. Sola - AI powered RPA workflows - learn more here.
2. Slidespeak - Chat with your PowerPoint slides - learn more here.
3. Pitchyouridea - Create a pitch deck in 3 minutes with your voice - learn more here.
IMPORTANT - Always read the data policy for any tools you try. If you’re ever unsure. Make sure your data, and any customer or supplier data is anonymised.
NOTE - I am not affiliated with any of the tools in this e-mail.
So that’s it for this week.
Until Next Time
👨💻Connect with me on LinkedIn
🎧Subscribe to the Podcast
📺Watch on YouTube